FEDC ponders incentives for 905 E. Broad St
During its regular Mar. 12, 2020 meeting, the Forney Economic Development Corp. met to consider facade/interior incentives for 905 E. Broad St. (Oncor) and secret stuff.
- Financial report: Mr. Burrus said 40% through the year, revenues are at 46%, expenses are in line with expectations, he commends staff. Mr. Ketteman said some of that is due to timing of invoices.
- Mr. McBeth congratulated staff on the recent award.
- Executive Director's report highlights: met with Hillwood, Mr. Finley is leaving. Ms. Spooner with Relyon is coming here in front of Kroger, the first Credit Union in Forney; Forney Medical Plaza lunch, brought brokers to meeting, got solid leads from that (some space in the building has never been occupied); need more medical specialties here; Kim Buttram, previously here and Mesquite, now in Cedar Hill; census kicks off April 1, encourage people to fill out forms, will help with roads, census in not an enforcement agency; time to revisit 5-year plan.
- Approved facade/interior incentives for 905 E. Broad St. (Oncor)
Ms. Sandra Wilson showed drawings of the project in progress, materials have 100-year warranty. They purchased building in 1993, added the entry-way then. Mr. McGregor said one of the project zones previously created will cover this.
- Held an executive session
- Adjourned at
Thursday, 2020, March 12